It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Dr. Gertrude C. Boland was a Cal Poly Pomona professor from 1957 to 1978. She was one of the first female faculty members at Cal Poly Pomona and also served as the acting dean for the School of Arts. Her collection contains memos from Cal Poly President Robert Kramer and other faculty members, an agenda of an economics committee meeting, clippings about Boland and other topics, and a resolution naming Boland a "Professor Emeritus."
The collection contains postcards promoting art exhibits, educational programs, services, and events at and near the Cal Poly Pomona Downtown Center. The center was established by Cal Poly Pomona's College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences and served as a place for community-based programs and art exhibits from 2000 to 2009.
The collection contains audio recordings of interviews of faculty at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona on general interest topics for a series known as Cal Poly Views. The interviews were broadcast weekly on the radio station KWOW-AM.
The Cal Poly Women's Club was a campus organization established by the wives of faculty and staff which operated on and off campus from 1946 to 1998. While working to promote the University through social and cultural events, and fostering lifelong friendships, the Club's main objective was to raise funds for various scholarships offered to students who contributed to Cal Poly Pomona through leadership and service. The funds were raised by Club-hosted events held annually, such as the fashion and quilt shows. The Cal Poly Women's Club also held welcome dinners at the beginning of each school year for all faculty and their spouses, until the number of guests grew too large. The collection includes administrative records; newsletters produced by the Club, materials on scholarship; and photographs, scrapbooks, and realia.
The collection contains photographs, flyers, event schedules, clippings, newsletters, booklets, and other materials pertaining to Associated Students Incorporated (ASI), the non-profit corporation and student government organization at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona; campus events; and the university.
Cal Poly Pomona's athletics program began 1939 when the school formed a baseball team. In the following decades, a number of sports have been introduced for both men and women including basketball, track, cross country, volleyball, and tennis. The collection includes photographs, papers, memorabilia, and audiovisual recordings documenting the students, staff, and various teams that have participated in Cal Poly Pomona's athletic programs.
The College of Business Administration is one of nine colleges at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. The collection contains brochures, flyers, promotional materials, annual reports, news clippings, and photographs relating to the College of Business Administration and, its prior name, the School of Business Administration.
The College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences is one of nine colleges at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. The collection contains brochures, flyers, promotional materials, clippings, audiovisual media and photographs from the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences and its academic divisions.
The collection contains programs, photographs, written speeches, audio and video recordings, and other materials pertaining to the commencement activities at California Polytechnic University, Pomona and the university's eight colleges. There are also materials related to the Kellogg-Voorhis campus, prior to Cal Poly Pomona's split from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
The collection contains press releases and news clippings from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Strategic Communications about university events and activities; university faculty, staff, and alumni; and the university's Arabian horses.
The collection contains photographs of faculty, staff, administrators, students, and alumni of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and Cal Poly Kellogg-Voorhis, the name of the college when it was a branch of California State Polytechnic College, San Luis Obispo.
The collection contains interviews conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Cal Poly Pomona about the history of the university, including interviews about the Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas, which was on the land that eventually became the first campus of Cal Poly Pomona; the Cal Poly Voorhis Unit, the first campus of Cal Poly Pomona; the development of the Kellogg campus in Pomona; the hiring of the first female faculty members at Cal Poly Pomona in 1957; the Cal Poly Women's Club; and the university's athletics programs.
Kenneth Haun Kitch was a former journalism professor at California State Polytechnic College, San Luis Obispo. His collection contains research materials, correspondence, and oral history recordings that Kenneth Haun Kitch conducted for an unpublished book that he was working on about the history of the Cal Poly Voorhis Unit campus. The correspondence also relates to Kitch's position overseeing the Cal Poly Educational Center on the Voorhis campus.
Hugh O. La Bounty served as president of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona from 1978 to 1991 and previously was a faculty member and administrator at the university. The collection contains correspondence, photographs, clippings, speeches, reports, publications, La Bounty's thesis and dissertation, and audiovisual materials.
John T. Lyle (1934-1998) taught Landscape Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona from 1968 to 1998. He was also founding project director of the Center for Regenerative Studies at Cal Poly Pomona, which is now called the John T. Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies. This collection includes personal and business correspondence; course outlines and lecture notes; blueprints and project designs; materials relating to the Center for Regenerative Studies, drafts and notes from his writings, including unpublished material; personal papers and subject files; and photographs and other audiovisual materials.
Chester O. McCorkle served in various educational and administrative roles at Cal Poly from 1932 to 1966, eventually becoming dean of the college for the Kellogg campus in Pomona. The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, reports and studies pertaining to curricula and other matters, reports from the Cal Poly Kellogg Campus to the Kellogg Foundation, records documenting the development of the Cal Poly Voorhis and Kellogg campuses, and programs for campus events.
The collection contains correspondence, news clippings, photographs, flyers, and other material related to the Douglass Adair Symposia, a series of conferences and academic meetings that began in the 1980s and ran until at least 2008 at Cal Poly Pomona. The meetings focused on commemorating historical birthdays. The collection was donated by Dr. John Allphin Moore, the Cal Poly Pomona history professor who organized and served as director of the symposia.
The collection contains materials related to the Voorhis family, including writings and drafts by H. Jerry Voorhis and his son, Jerry Livingston Voorhis; correspondence to and from various members of the Voorhis family; materials about the Voorhis School for Boys and California State Polytechnic University, Pomona; materials related to H. Jerry Voorhis' time in Congress; photographs; and news clippings.