The collection contains financial records, correspondence, book contracts, by-laws, policies, and other administrative records related to the Arabian Horse Association of Southern California. There is also material about the group's annual Fall Arabian Horse Show.
Leo Bradshaw was an equine photographer who was contracted to take photographs of horse shows across the country, but primarily in the Western United States. The collection contains photographs, negatives, programs, and schedules from the various shows that Bradshaw attended; lists of horses, owners, and riders; Bradshaw's notes and index cards; and his contractual information.
Lois Ann Kroll was an Arabian horse trainer, author, and designer of show costumes for both horse and rider. The collection contains drafts, illustrations, and other materials related to her book Arabian Costumes; photographs of Kroll's Arabian horses; and various costumes, saddles, and other realia.
The W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center is an Arabian horse breeding, training, and education facility at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. The Horse Center grew out of the Kellogg Ranch built by cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg in Pomona, California in 1925. Kellogg donated the ranch to the state in 1932 and it was operated by the University of California until 1943, when the ranch served as the Pomona Quartermaster Depot (Remount) for the Army Remount Service. The ranch was transferred to the California Polytechnic Colleges in 1949 and the breeding program was incorporated into the agriculture curriculum. The collection includes files documenting the horses that have lived at the Horse Center, administrative records, records from the Pomona Quartermaster Depot (Remount), breeding records, audiovisual materials, and realia and ephemera.
The collection includes photographic prints, negatives, and photograph albums documenting the horses, people, events, visitors, buildings and landscapes of the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Ranch from its beginning as W.K. Kellogg's winter home (1925-1932) to the present day.
The W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Ranch was established in 1925 in Pomona, California by cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg to fulfill his long-held dream of breeding Arabian horses. The ranch served as Kellogg's winter home until 1932, when he donated the horses and property to the University of California. The University operated the ranch as the W.K. Kellogg Institute of Animal Husbandry until 1943 when the ranch was transferred to the United States government for use by the United State Army Remount Service. The Army operated the ranch as the Pomona Quartermaster Depot (Remount) and bred horses for the cavalry. In 1949, the ranch was transferred a final time to the California state Department of Education and ultimately became the campus of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. The university has continued the Arabian breeding program to the present day. The collection includes correspondence, financial records, guestbooks, scrapbooks, legal agreements, ephemera, and realia documenting the operation of the ranch as Kellogg's private home and its subsequent transfer to various institutions.